3rd Annual Trip to the Beach

We just returned from the beach house near Monterey and it was a wonderful week! This year we were joined by our friends, the Cady Family and it was super fun! Matthew and Aubbie dug a giant hole on the beach and it is hard to say who enjoyed it more. He also went looking for pirates on the beach with Papa. I am happy to report there were no pirate sightings! Kayla has been talking about going to the beach since last year's trip and she LOVED the ocean. Kayla was constantly playing at the water's edge with Mommy and Daddy. We feel so very fortunate to be able to make these kinds of memories with our children and they loved sharing great times with Papa, Aubbie and good friends!

Beach House at Monterey

Kate Gosselin Book Signing

Kate Gosselin at Borders in Pleasant Hill!

I was sooo excited to meet Kate Gosselin at Borders. I arrived at Borders almost 2 1/2 hours early. By 6:30 I was inside the store. Kate walked through the store a couple of times and it was weird to see her in person. Once she started signing books the line moved pretty quickly. I bought two books and she autographed both for me. I told her that I loved her show and I thanked her for signing my books. She thanked me and said it was nice to meet me. The whole thing was over so fast. After she signed my books I was able to take a couple of quick photos. I really enjoyed the experience and I'm so glad I went!

Easter Sunday at Papa and Aubbie's House

Easter Celebration!

Easter was so much fun this year. Matthew and Kayla loved the egg hunt and they made two new friends this year in Gus and Lex. They loved playing with Lucy and Frankie as well. "Oliver the Magician" made this year's Easter one to remember as he amazed us with his sleight of hand. All in all, it was a wonderful day of family, friends and great food.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

No comments:

Easter preparations began with a visit with Nana and Vovo. They came over to help us color eggs.

Easter preparations began with a visit with Nana and Vovo. They came over to help us color eggs.
Matthew was showing Vovo how to dye an egg.

Nana and Kayla making a beautiful egg!

I had so much fun coloring eggs with Matthew. He really enjoyed it this year!

Mark and I cannot believe how Kayla is growing up so fast.

Matthew loved putting the stickers on the eggs!

The evening ended with a story read by Nana. Does life get any better than this?

Disneyland in November!

Disneyland in November!
The Welch Family with Minnie Mouse

Disneyland Adventures

Halloween (Thriller) Night!

Thriller Night!

Well, Halloween was a frightfully busy day. Matthew and Kayla's preschool had trick or treating and a party. Later on of course, we took the kids out for trick-or-treating in the new neighborhood. Matthew and Kayla loved going door to door for candy. The rain fell, but not enough to dampen our spirits. Two special pirates joined us, along with Grama, Nana and neighbor Ardyth. I believe a good time was had by all.

Our 6th Wedding Anniversary!

Odds and Ends!